> > First
> > -----
> > stage 2 boot '/boot/boot' AND '/boot/cdboot' shouldn't be made into working
> > with symlinks.
> > Just leave them, the way they are. First one can be navigated to loader via
> > 'boot.config' file.
> > So only '/boot/cdboot' should be edited, to react to the same 'boot.config'
> > file as '/boot/boot' does.
> > Simply because they both target 'loader', 'boot.config' should work for
> > both bootcodes.
>
> Adding /boot.config support to cdboot is non-trivial.  Also, cdboot is
> intended for read-only media, so dynamic configuration via a file is not
> quite as useful.

cdboot is a FreeBSD specific
Fact that it is intended for RO media is irrelevant here, as stage 2  boot can
also reside on RO fs.

For cdboot, 'boot.config' file should give instructions of full path to loader,
nothing else (no other, stage 2 boot's flags/functionality).
Hm, then again, if cdboot file would inherit just that 1 functionality, then it
can't share same config file.
How about 'cdboot.config' file name?

Thanks to boot.config, I specify full path to loader, so '/boot/boot' isn't
"halted" by symlink.
If cdboot would obey it in a same way, I wouldn't have to patch it, by adding
third path.

Domagoj Smolčić