On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 08:24:19PM +0600, Max Khon wrote:
> hi, there!
>
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > > what is FD 4?
> >
> > I can't reproduce this? Does it always happen?
>
> yes. I am running sample program under FreeBSD 4.2-BETA (31 Oct 2000)

As was already mentioned, this most probably has something to do
with the shell.  Which shell are you using?  I tried that program
under /bin/sh, /bin/csh, /bin/tcsh and bash 2.04, and fd 4 never
did show up.

G'luck,
Peter

--
I had to translate this sentence into English because I could not read the original
Sanskrit.