Hello,

I'm looking at some Clang Static Analyzer reports in the kernel, and a lot of
them point back to a null pointer dereference in __pcpu_type
(sys/amd64/include/pcpu.h:102) which is defined as:

102      /*
103      * Evaluates to the type of the per-cpu variable name.
104      */
105     #define __pcpu_type(name)
\
106             __typeof(((struct pcpu *)0)->name)

Which indeed looks like a NULL pointer dereference. Looking at the latest
commit message there, I'm sure the code is correct, but I'm unsure why the null
pointer is OK. I'd appreciate an explanation :-)

Thanks,
Erik