I do buy the argument that B is simpler than A, despite the fact that B
requires more commands than A. B can be thought-of as
simpler because I only have to memorize three things to get a kernel: (1) start
with a config file, (2) run config with said file
(3) follow the instructions that config gives me. Meanwhile, in comparison, A
requires the memorization of different and arguably
less accessible information.

there is one other argument - why removing something that is fine?

and once again - i do keep only /usr/src/sys on most machines.
and update it WHEN i decide to my own way.

Is doing something your own way instead of "the only right" (which actually results in more load to FreeBSD.org servers) bad now?

i always though unix is flexible and there is no "the only right" way.