Hi, guys.  I'm trying to set up a new laptop and have run into a couple
of problems.  This one is the message in the subject line.  I've managed
to get X working but it can't talk to the mouse; after investigation and
a verbose boot, this is why.  I'm kind of stumped as to what steps to
take; I've tried booting without acpi, same problem.  Why would this
happen?  And better yet, how do I go about fixing it?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  (And
please CC replies to the list, email to this address is not quite 100%
reliable at the moment.)

Oh, the dmesg in question is available at
   https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1d6rhpx_wBIeFJmNVJqVVQ1Xzg
--
Frank Mayhar
fr...@exit.com