On 10 Nov, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Zhenhai
>Duan writes:
> : Does the kernel function printf() flushes the output immediately, or it is
> : possible some data is buffered somewhere and gets lost without printing
> : to the console? like the corresponding funtion in the c library.
>
> Yes.  It can be buffered, but that's a driver level thing.  I've seen
> serial consoles where things crashed after a printf I put in and never
> saw.
>
> I've not seen anything similar on video consoles.

I want to be clear on what you're saying Warner.
Are you saying that you put a printf() after your crash point,
but never saw your printf(). So in your code it might have
looked like:

printf("foo do foo\n");
crash_here();
printf("after the crash\n");

And never see the statement "foo do foo\n";
Is that correct?

                                Jessem.