Just to give status update:

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 05:02:22PM -0400, George Neville-Neil wrote:
>       • Kerberos build issue [GlenBarber]

Work in progress, but the upshot is that if you build/install userland
with WITHOUT_KERBEROS set, you cannot easily get back.

>       • Crochet with VM images [TimKeintzle], [GlenBarber], [ColinPercival]

Tim gave me a few pointers to how he is generating VM images.  In the
meantime, I am using qemu-img (from emulators/qemu-devel) thanks to Sean
Bruno pointing me in the right direction, to generate preinstalled VM
images.

    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2013-May/001478.html

Glen