For reasons beyond my control, I'm stuck using FreeBSD in a real time
system and am violating my timing constraints when too many SCSI commands
complete in a short time frame and starve one of my userland real time
processes.

If the interrupt handler wokeup a kernel thread running at a lower
real-time priority than my application which disabled the interrupt
on the PIC/APIC, ran the handler, and re-enabled the line on the
PIC/APIC my problems should go away.

-CURRENT supposedly uses threads for interrupts.  Is there a more specific
description of what it does archived somewhere?  Assuming familiarity
with the interrupt code and a cursory but improving understanding of the
scheduler, how messy would it be to retrofit that code to -stable or
3.1-stable ?

--
For those who do, no explanation is necessary.
For those who don't, no explanation is possible.