In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Matt Dillon writes:
: :     -b 16384 -f 4096 -c 159
:     I think Bruce swears by 4K (page-sized) fragments.  Not a bad
:     way to go.  I use 2K because I (and others) put in so much hard work
:     to fix all the little niggling bugs in the VM system related to partial
:     page validation and, damn it, I intend to use those features!

At the other end of the spectrum, 32M [sic] and 64M [sic] disks work
well with
        -b 4096 -f 512 -c 10

But I tend to do what phk has done with the large -c flags on my
insanely-sized, rediculously-cheap XXG IDE drives.

Warner