Brandon Fosdick wrote:

> Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> >
> > Yusuf Goolamabbas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Recently there was a message indicating that ISC is deprecating
> > > nslookup.
> >
> > "Recently"? nslookup has been officially deprecated for about a year
> > and a half, I believe.
>
> Will a replacement be added to the base distro? When?

        This comes up VERY often, please make a habit of checking the mail
archives before posting questions of this sort.

        If all you need to do is look up a name -> address or address -> name
mapping, 'host' provides everything you need, and then some. If you are
doing serious DNS debugging, you have to learn dig, period.

HTH,

Doug
--
    So what I want to know is, where does the RED brick road go?