In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Doug Luce
writes:
: I haven't been able to find a driver for this ethernet card, so I'm
: working on porting the Linux driver over.  It seems to have "natsemi"
: coded in as the default device mnenomic.  Is it a good idea to pull this
: name directly over to FreeBSD?  So my Ethernet interface would be natsemi0
: instead of fxp0 (for an Intel card)...

natsemi is likely too generic a name for this one ethernet card.  What
if the sio driver had been called natsemi since the original 8250 was
made by natsemi (well, given the part number, it looks like a intel
part.  The all 16550 data sheets I've seen are from natsemi only).

I'd be tempted to call it nse (National Semiconductor Ethernet).  But
that might be too generic.

Warner