On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 06:09:26PM +0200, Mark Murray wrote:
> > Are you saying that the original SSH Public Keys for the servers
> > were always sent in the clear, without PGP signature or anything?
>
> David was saying that, but he's wrong.

How I enjoy when someone tries to put words in my mouth.  No, I did not
say "the original SSH Public Keys for the servers were always sent in the
clear, without PGP signature", I said *announcement* of their change was.

And as much as I'd like to back out of this discussion, I don't like
being called a liar.

Both Peter's *original* (see that word above) email sending out the
fingerprint of the new key, WAS in the clear without PGP signature.  As
was John Hays announcement announcing the key change on Internet.

--
-- David  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX