In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Russell L. Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On a fairly recent -STABLE I am getting this failure:
>
> ld-elf.so.1: assert failed: /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.c:2033
>
> I assume I'm doing something stupid, however the same code
> works on Linux gcc-2.95.2, so I'm looking for what the
> difference might be.
>
> The program is an ACE/TAO C++ program that dlsym()s an object,
> uses it happily, and then gets the assertion when dlclose()ing
> from the containing object's dtor.
>
> The assertion is that the refcount != 0.  What should I
> do to fix that?

There is a bug in the dynamic linker in connection with calling dlopen
or dlclose from a static constructor or destructor, and this sounds
like it's related to that.  I came up with a fix for it which Peter
Wemm was testing at Yahoo.  That was a few months ago, and I'll have
to dig it out again after the holiday madness has subsided.  If you
haven't heard from me by Saturday Jan. 6, I'd appreciate a gentle
reminder to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

John
--
  John Polstra                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]