On 05-Jan-01 Josef Karthauser wrote:

>> > Nope - as I said, I added log messages to apm.c to log the BIOS probe
>> > and they log a failure (I have "device apm0" in my config file).
>>
>> How new is this laptop?  It may be ACPI-only.
>
> Where are we at with ACPI?  Does it do power management yet?

Yes.  For the Inspiron that you have you have to hack around a bit to get it to
not hang during boot (and battery status doesn't work as a result I think), but
suspend/resume on lid close work, the power button works, shutdown -p, etc.

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/