On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Nick Hibma wrote:

> If you could send me the make and model (basically all the numbers
> (including the FCC one) on the label on the device, that would be
> appreciated.

Heh, this is some imported piece of junk. There is no FCC id. All the text on
the adapter says is:
PS-PC USB
CONVERTOR
XK-PC2003

The box says the same except a different part number XK-PC2002. No UPC, no
identifying features, nothing.

> I'll have a look around to see whether I can find another
> one. We have a PlayStation 2 Developer's Kit in the office, so I'm
> interested to see the controllers work. We develop a game for
> PlayStation 2 and Windows (but it runs on FreeBSD as well :-), so being
> able to use the gamepad converter on FreeBSD would be a laugh.
>
> Hm, is it one of these?

Nope, I can't find it anywhere. I've confirmed on a couple other boxes that
this adapter really does cause some problems for some reason. I plugged it
into another test machine running 4.2-RELEASE and:

Jan 15 17:38:44 fileserver /kernel: uhid0: vendor 0x6666 product 0x0667, rev
1.00/2.88, addr 2, iclass 3/0
Jan 15 17:38:44 fileserver /kernel: uhid0: no report descriptor
Jan 15 17:38:44 fileserver /kernel: device_probe_and_attach: uhid0 attach
returned 6
Jan 15 17:43:08 fileserver /kernel: Copyright (c) 1992-2000 The FreeBSD
Project.

For some reason the machine rebooted just after I unplugged the USB thing.

Send me your address and I'll mail this thing off to you, make it a lot easier
to debug.

---
Jon Simola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | "In the near future - corporate networks
    Systems Administrator     |  reach out to the stars, electrons and light
     ABC  Communications      |  flow throughout the universe." -- GITS