On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 08:13:57PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:

> I thought that crunchgen dealt with the .o's that were created in the
> buildworld process.  It looks like it rebuilds them itself in a
> whacked out way to make the whole thing work.

No - it looks at the original Makefile to determine which .o's to
build, and then writes a makefile that will build them itself.
Now-a-days you can even specify custom CFLAGS within the crunch
configuration file, and it can build the .o's anywhere you want.

I'm for a buildkernel that works without having to buildworld first.

Joe.