On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 04:53:39PM -0800, Dave Hayes wrote:
> I was asked recently if it was possible to run a FreeBSD server
> entirely off of CDROM. Now I know that things like /var need to be
> writable, and that the initial question as worded was rather naive.
> However, modulo writable filesystems which can be mounted separately,
> has anyone ever done something like this?

Yes. In fact I think the BSDi CD sets even come with a bootable live
filesystem CD which is exactly this (not sure if it takes care of
writability issues). If not the release CD sets, then the
Toolkit..I've seen it somewhere.

Kris

--
NOTE: To fetch an updated copy of my GPG key which has not expired,
finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PGP signature