On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 06:09:35PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Ronald G Minnich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010127 09:52] wrote:
> >
> > I still think a really neat source for kernel hacking is Chuck Cranor's
> > PhD thesis. He describes the kernel equivalent of open-heart surgery:
> > replacing the old VM with a new one, while keep the kernel alive. Neat
> > stuff.
>
> Interesting, for us too lazy to search, do you have a url handy?
> or a place where copies can be purchased?

http://www.ccrc.wustl.edu/pub/chuck

I believe the paper he's talking about is "The Design and Implementation
of the UVM Virtual Memory System", but I haven't had a chance to look at
it yet (only had time to do a google search and bookmark it for future
reference ;-)

--
garrett rooney                           my pid is inigo montoya.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             you kill -9 my parent process.