At 02:36 PM 2/5/2001 +0100, mouss wrote:
>do you mean that the
>"PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED",  pthread_mutexattr_getpshared and the like do
>not currently work? dunno if they were there before, but they are in
>current. so you might want to check.

_POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED is still commented out in
/usr/include/sys/unistd.h  in -current, and I don't see implementations of
these functions in /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread, so it appears at first
glance that the state of -current is the same as -stable.  This
functionality does not appear to be implemented in either version.  I don't
actually run -current, so I can't say for sure.  If I'm missing something,
please let me know because it would save me a lot of trouble.

My point was that the way it would be done seems to differ greatly between
-stable and -current, based on the eventual availability of kernel mutexes
to user processes.  I don't know how far away the glorious future is, so I
was wondering if it would be worthwhile for me to do a stopgap
implementation in the mean time.  If no one has ever noticed that the
functionality was missing, the answer may well be "no."

Jeff