It just seems to me at this point there are only 2 solutions for an
immediate solution...keep freebsd and go with postfix or go back to linux
and qmail. If postfix is as good as everyone has been bragging about
...I should be alright. I'll revisit the perl script another day on
another box with same problems......freebsd just cannot support qmail
it seems with a single ide drive...simple as that.

Guess question is how long it will take me to learn postfix inside out....
well off to the books.