Hello!

I'm quite interested in having true 3D hardware acceleration on my ASUS
AGP-V3800Magic video card based on TNT2 M64 chip, while running
XFree86-4.0.2 on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.

I've been searching USENET, mail-archives, web, and all I was able to find
was:
        * information on www.nvidia.com about binary XFree modules and
kernel module (for linux only)
        * the source for linux kernel
        * binary XFree modules (replacing xfree's native 'nv' -> 'nvidia')
        * people saying that there's some undergoing work about porting
linux source to FreeBSD so it's possible to use proprietary nvidia's
modules for XFree (oh gee, how happy I am with their module architecture)

So, my question is, what's the current status of this initiative?  Is
there any pre-alphas or whatever I might try already?

I will appreciate any information with regard to this subject.  10x.

        ./danfe