Murray Taylor wrote:

> When using 4.3-BETA cvsupped 23/mar and
> config'ed
>
> options NETGRAPH
>
> and added the sr and sppp drivers for the frame relay
> link we are establishing.
>
> Dmesg gives me this line
>
> src0: dirver is using old-style compatibility shims
>
> What are these shims?
>
> mjt

As Dennis says, it lets you know that this driver is not converted to the new
bus format. The one in -current is converted (it's in /sys/dev/if_sr I think)

it also can be compiled as a netgraph module (/sys/modules/netgraph/sync_sr/)

you may try seeing if it can be run under 4.x

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    (   OZ    ) World tour 2000-2001