On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 11:51:22AM +0400, Alexey V. Neyman wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I just read FAQ on making release and have one question. FAQ says I must
> be having full CVS source tree (or be able to access it via CVSROOT), but
> I'm behind modem connection. So I'm curious why it is not enough to have
> a cvsupped src-all/doc-all/ports-all collections? And is there a way to
> avoid loading CVS tree for making release and generate it from these
> collections?
>
> # Alexey
>
> PS. The goal is to make a CD with a 5.0 snapshot to install it at home
> (where I have no internet access) and keep it up-to-date by later burning
> cvsuppable collections on a CD-RW at work.

I have done that. There are three places in /usr/src/release/Makefile where
cvs is used to get the tree in the will-be-chrooted dir. You can add a simple
.if defined(NOCVS) or something and copy the tree from the sources instead of
invoking cvs. This works but it's buggy: you can have log files from makes in
the src dir (you should delete them manualy) or you can have work dirs in the
ports collection. Also, you might not need the distfiles/ and packages/ dir
from the ports :).

Will it be useful if I send PR or something with a patch? Should I use tar
 -cf - | tar xf - instead of cp -R? (tar has nice --exclude pattern switch
for not copying distfiles/ and packages/ and even work dirs..).

--
Players win and Winners play
Have a lucky day

PGP signature