In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Luigi Rizzo writes:
: [Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
: > I currently have a Sharp pc ax20 laptop with an inbuilt rtl8139 nic. It works
:
: i have an AX10, similar design i suppose, and it works fast and fine for me
: at 10megs. Are you sure the card isn't autoconfiguring for full duplex or
: something like that, killing other packets on the lan ?

The 8139 have known problems trying to autonegotiate with *SOME*
hubs.  If you force the meida type, however, they work.

Warner