> > Can anyone tell me what this means - and even better, a fix?  It's
> > my understanding that pmap concerns shared memory, is it possible
> > I have a bad stick of ram floating around?
> >
> Bad memory sticks are easy to find. Just rip out half the RAM and let the
> box run for a few days, then let it run off the other half for a while.

Of course, this is pretty far from scientific troubleshooting, especially
when it crashes at random times.  It's also highly undesirable to cripple
the machine, considering it's a production box.

I just need to know if pmap_entry really does have anything to do with physical
ram, before I go off on a ram swapping goose chase, just to find out a
month down the road the problem isn't fixed.

--
Mahlon Smith
InternetCDS