On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 09:21:57AM +0200, Jon Molin wrote:
> jmo# fdisk -BI ad3
>
> ******* Working on device /dev/ad3 *******
> fdisk: invalid fdisk partition table found

Obviously you didn't read the man pages. `fdisk -BI ad3` is a typo, most
likely because the disklabel command uses the -Brw flag. From the
man page, we see that fdisk's -B flag reinitializes boot code in sector
0 of the disk. But if there is no code to reinitialize, it exits with an
error, saying you don't have a proper MBR.

If you want a single slice on the disk, just do `fdisk -I ad3`. Then run
disklabel like the walkthrough says.
--
Andrew Hesford
[EMAIL PROTECTED]