On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, dannyman wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 08:58:12PM -0700, Doug White wrote:
> > fdisk -I is your friend. (DANGER: THIS IS DESTRUCTIVE -- READ THE MAN
> Yeah ... I use it.  It seems to do the right thing.  Then disklabel doesn't
> work. :<
> disklabel -r -w $disk auto
>
> Disklabel pukes.  I've found a similar case at:
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22cannot+find+label%22+%22no+disk+label%22+fdisk&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rnum=1&seld=972266336&ic=1

Disklabel XXXX auto only works on 'raw' disks.  I mean, it wasn't written
to work on partitions er slices.  This wouldn't be a bug, but more a
feature enhancement.  I'm sure it could be implemented.  Let us all know
when you get it fixed :).

Fred

--
Fred Clift - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.