:>    reference to me.  I'm not even sure why they bother to check v_id.
:>    The vp reference from an nfsnode is a hard reference.
:>
:
:Well, if that's the case, yank all uses of v_id from the nfs code,
:I'll do the namecache and vnodes can be deleted to the joy of our users...
:
:--
:Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
:[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956

    If you can yank v_id out from the kern/vfs_cache code, I will make similar
    fixes to the NFS code.  I am not particularly interesting in returning
    vnodes to the MALLOC pool myself, but I am interested in fixing the
    two bugs I noticed when I ran over the code earlier today.

    Actually one bug.  The vput() turns out to be correct, I just looked at
    the code again.  However, the cache_lookup() call in nfs_vnops.c is
    broken.  Assuming no other fixes, the vpid load needs to occur before
    the VOP_ACCESS call rather then after.

                                                -Matt