AlohA!

Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:
> Linux/GNU people in association with AMD have already begun work on x86-64
> versions of gcc and binutils.  If Linux ports first, which in my opinion
> they probably will since they are working on it actively, FreeBSD can only
> gain from the work already done by the Linux/GNU/x86-64 group.
>
> http://www.x86-64.org

Ok, that site seems to be the obviuos starting point for a FreeBSD port
too. First reading through the documentation and then trying to get the
instruction simulator running. Unfortunately, the ISS is only available
as binary RPM - but that shouldn't stop us.

The ISS is available here: http://www.x86-64.org/downloads

BTW: I know a few of the persons at Virtutech (the guys behind Simics -
the other simulator). Let me try and see if they would be interested in
letting the FreeBSD project have access in some way to their ISS. The
worst that could possibly happen is that we get a "no way".

--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk svängning