vtund is fairly well documented, so I won't include a config file example,
but I can supply one if asked.

I would really appreciate any links etc you have to vtund documentation.
After searching high & low for over a week I'd come to the conclusion that
apart from one solitary (& very basic) HOWTO there wasn't anything of
consequence. I did try for several days to get vtund working before putting
it aside for a later day. Obviously doing  was somethig wrong because every
attempt to start vtund caused broken routing on the local machine.