In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Peter Seebach writes:
: In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jos Backus writes:
: >Yeah, I am just puzzled as to how this can build at all on other platforms
: >(Linux?), unless they don't define this variable.
:
: Many of them probably have it as an external object, not a #define.  I'm
: still not sure the code makes any sense.

The standards allow for it to be a #define (just like they allow errno
to be a #define), so code that uses like the code that was posted
earlier is not strictly conforming.

Warner