Thus spake j mckitrick ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> | It's pretty rare to need to bit-bang to find a device these days anyway;
> | you should probably be looking for PnP data or similar.  This is what
> | hints are (basically) - manually-supplied PnP data.
> How would you recommending fixing this, taken from the ex driver?
> for (ioport = 0x200; ioport < 0x3a0; ioport += 0x10) {

This is exactly what Mike meant:
You manually set the correct I/O port in the hints file and then you
don't have to check for each port between 0x200 and 0x3a0.

Just bus_alloc_resource once and test for the card.

Alex
--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory