| > > : How would you recommending fixing this, taken from the ex driver?
| > >
| > > By deleting it.
| >
| > Uh, what?
| >
| > Non PnP devices that can be autodetected should be autodetected.
| >
| > Relying on the user to wire down hints is silly.
|
| Probably they should provide an identify method to look for and create the
| non-PnP devices. The actual probe method should be dumb and just use the
| resources given to it (IMHO).

Okay, there is something i'm not understanding here.  In the ed driver,
there are many possible cards, which each have different i/o ports, correct?
The driver has a lot of probe routines, and it looks like they are just
using different macros with hard-coded (#defined) port addresses.

So, how do you CORRECTLY use the newbus calls to probe these ports?  I am
not running -current, so i do not have 'hints'.

jcm
--
"I drank WHAT ?!" - Socrates