Well, looking through headers, a lot of stuff says "taken from the BSD
file...", namely winsock.h and winsock2.h, at the very least it appears
they have designed it with some goal of being backwards compatible with
BSD sockets by using BSD structures, functions, whatever, but the actual
winsock code may or may not be taken from BSD.

Is there anyone at Microsoft you could ask?

--
Joseph Mallett, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
xMach Core Team, http://xMach.org/