In the gif interface cloning code I used the resource management code
like Brian did in the tun cloning code to manage unit numbers.  When the
user requests an arbitrary unit, they get the first one available, but
I'm not convinced that's what we want because that has the potential to
interfere with static configurations with temporary holes in them.  It
seems that a more logical policy would be to allocate the largest
available unit, but rman_reserve_resource doesn't seem to allow that.
Is there a way to do this that I'm just not seeing?

-- Brooks

PGP signature