syscons dosn't automatically switch vtys if the keyboard is not in the
XLATE mode. (Oh well, this isn't documented in vgl(3), *sigh*)

In CODEKEYS and RAWKEYS modes, you need to initiate vty switching
by yourself, by calling the ioctl VT_ACTIVATE when a key combination
for vty switching is seen.

Kazu