Randy -Harborside Internet([EMAIL PROTECTED])@2001.07.03 13:53:43 +0000:

> We are having a problem with our mail server. It recently got
> upgraded to 4.3 from 4.2, and now it is having problems with the TX
> buffer somehow on the network card. Every once in awhile it will shut
> off all network traffic and give these errors:
> no memory for tx listrl0
> Then in a few minutes (presumably when the buffer is flushed somehow)
> the network device resumes normal operation.
> We have tried 3 different NICs, and all have had the same problem.
> The three models were:
> 1. Realtek RTL8139A 10/100TX
> 2. Intel chipset:82558B
> 3. 3Com somethingerather.
>
> We are running with 512MB of RAM, and it usually has about 200 or
> more megs free at the time of this occurance.

in this case i think putting
    options NMBCLUSTERS=32768
in your kernel config would solve this problem

also bumping up MAXUSERS helps...

/k

--
> Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.net/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 BF46