One of our testers has a boot problem with FreeBSD 4.3. He installed the OS
on a onboard SCSI drive. After installing the FreeBSD driver of our ICP
controllers and inserting a ICP card with one disk attached, the system has
a boot problem. FreeBSD cannot mount the root file system (I think because
the ICP controller becomes the first controller and the onboard controller
is now the second controller). Is there any way to change the boot order?
Which kernel module is responsible for the order of driver loading?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Regards,
Achim

Achim Leubner
Research & Development
ICP vortex Computersysteme GmbH, an Intel company
Gostritzer Str. 61-63
D-01217 Dresden, Germany
Phone: +49-351-871-8291
Fax: +49-351-871-8448