Wes Peters([EMAIL PROTECTED])@2001.07.07 21:57:35 +0000:
> Richard Hodges wrote:
> >
> > Sure, no argument there.  Taking Wes' suggestion, maybe there is an
> > opportunity in the "official" distribution distinction.  How about a
> > "certificate of authenticity" which costs the vendors $1 or $2 (or
> > whatever), and shows the customer that their choice of vendors helped
> > FreeBSD financially.  Incidentally, this certificate might also be a
> > selling point for those twisted individuals that just don't understand
> > free software :-)
>
> Now that's an idea, but it raises problems with shipping the "certificates"
> across national borders, causing import duties, etc.  Maybe if we made
> the certificates in PostScript or even fig files.  ;^)

...make them pdf. stubborn marketing folks can only read one format ;-)

/k

--
> Experience is a teacher that gives the examination first and the
> lesson afterwards.
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.net/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 BF46