Jordan Hubbard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Well, I'd sorta like to *see* them before writing the coding
> equivalent of a blank check, but given reasonably functional
> implementations, sure, I'd be happy to commit your "sysinstall
> mountpoint auto-discovery" and "release package metadata"
> enhancements.

One of the nice things I like about FreeBSD (and I daresay I'm not
alone in this) is that when I install it, I know that I'll get a
kernel with a corresponding full and functional userland.  I see the
packaging of this `base system' as a bunch of (meta)packages as the
thin edge of the wedge---pretty soon FreeBSD will resemble the
hodge-podge collection of different (often conflicting) packages that
Linux is.

Rajappa
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.
        They also surf who stand in the waves.