Is there a particular reason why there's no capability for setting flags
on symlinks? the chflags syscall uses namei with FOLLOW, and changing this
to NOFOLLOW allows chflags(2) to Do What I Want (i.e. SF_IMMUTABLE on a
VLNK)

is there a filesystem train crash awaiting me for doing this, or am I in
the clear? I realise it changes the semantics of chflags(1) so an
alternative syscall or a follow/nofollow boolean addition to struct
chflags_args is better than this hack.

regards

joshua