Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> types:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 11:36:41AM -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Likewise, when I let it pay attention to the authors font choices,
> > I'm amazed at how unreadably small much of it is. Fixing that
> > generates it's own problems, but they are usually not as bad as
> > eyestrain. It all makes me ashamed to admit I ever had anything to
> > do with building a web site.
> That's likely due to font mismatch.  Most websites assume you're using
> the Windows-standard font set and either don't bother to set defaults
> or don't test them.  It all works much better if you install the
> windows (truetype) fonts.

I'm familiar with that problem, and have them installed. That doesn't
fix the problem with pages that used absolute font sizes because they
wanted pixel-control over there page or those that used text in
images, both figuring that anyone with enough money to own a monitor
that does 1600x1200 or better readably has to much money to be
interested in their product, or something equally silly.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/