On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 02:13:55PM -0700, Dan Cox wrote:
> I am trying to get my internal pci zoom fax modem installed on freebsd. This
> modem is not a "winmodem". My problem is that the only instructions I have
> are either for windows or Linux. I will include the linux instructions
> below.

Assuming this is acts like other real PCI modems, you need to do the
following:

1) Determine the PCI ID of the modem.  You can do this "pciconf -l",
just find the unidentified device that is your modem and look from the
chip=0x???????? entry.

2) Add and an appropriate entry to the pci_ids array in
/usr/src/sys/isa/sio.c.  The ID is the number in hex, the string is a
description and the last entry is pretty much magic. ;-)  From what I
see there, I'd try 0x10 and then 0x14 since 0x10 is slightly more
common.

3) Build a new kernel and reboot.

4) If it works, create a diff of the changes you made and submit a PR so
other people won't have to mess with this.

-- Brooks

PGP signature