On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 08:49:55AM -0700, Matt Dillon wrote:
>       - I would like to cap the SWAPMETA zone reservation to 70MB,
>         which allows us to manage a maximum of 29GB worth of swapped
>         out data.

Not to introduce machine dependancy, but on Intel max ram is 4GB,
so it seems to me that 8-12GB total space (4-8GB swap) would be an
outside value.  Alphas can have more RAM, although I doubt few do.
Perhaps something like:

max(4Gig, 3 * RAM)

Would be the best calculation.

I pitty the machine with 29 GB swapped, even if it has 4GB of RAM.

--
Leo Bicknell - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440