David O'Brien wrote:
> > If gcc team wants to implement proper
> > alignment to work with SSE and other high-specialized stuff,
> > they should learn commands for bitwise AND, and use only where
> > really needed.
>
> Perhaps you'd like to send your patch to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Perhaps you'd like to explain to them why they are so wrong about this?
> You'd do that at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> They have their reasons for this, and I'll let them explain them.

If it's anything like their reasons for the per-thread exception
stack allocation being static, and thus causing additional overhead
for non-C++ and non-threads-using programs (i.e., mainly because
they already had it implemented that was in egcs when Jeremy Allison
made the patches to do it right for gcc when we were making ACAP run
for the first time under the GNU tool chain), then you might as well
not bother sending them email.

-- Terry