On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 04:44:31PM +0200, Martin Vana wrote:
> Hi, I tried to rebuilt my kernel with device rl0 (NIC PLANET ENW-9503A based on
>REALTEK 8139 chip) it has collapsed during make phase. It cannot find files starting
>with mii* but they are present.

Is it that it cannot find the files, or functions from those files?

If it's functions that it cannot find, try adding 'device miibus' to
your kernel, like the comments in LINT say (rl is listed under
'PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code').

If it is the files themselves - are you sure you have re-run config(8)
after changing your kernel configuration file?  To be absolutely certain,
run config with the -r flag to remove any old directories.
To be *really* certain, use the buildworld/buildkernel way.

G'luck,
Peter

--
I've heard that this sentence is a rumor.