+ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

>> I add script call features to newsyslog.  This adds a one field to
>> newsyslog.conf.  When newsyslog processed log file, this can execute
>> arbitrary program.
>>
>> Situation to assume:
>> * For the log file which cannot use signal.
>> * Cases to do statistical application for log file.

By the way, is there a user needing such a features really?  It may
not be general besides me.  If it is features to be comparatively
general, as for it, what specification method is desirable?

> it would be interresting to have the possibility to pass optional
> args to program.

The first patch does not consider it.  It specified merely pathname
of program.  I put a patch of a update version in the following URL.

 http://people.freebsd.org/~toshi/d/

> also, how about testing for the first (or the last) char to be &
> to run the program asynchronously ?

Command execution goes by way of /bin/sh in a new patch.
Asynchronous execution of program became possible.

> much better, always run the program asynchronously so that hanging
> programs (who knowns?) don't block the whole process. to do this,
> somewhere in main(), add something such as signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN)
> and delete the while statment in post_prog().

I added some debug routine, and I tested it.  So far a problem does
not occur.

--
Toshihiko ARAI