:
:I should point out that FSX can be used against any filesystem, and
:that there are reports locally (at Apple) that it's great for killing
:FreeBSD machines.  I wasn't able to reproduce this when I tried, but I
:may not have let it run long enough.

    Well, I already found and tracked down a softupdates bug revealed
    by this code... definite server panic, especially if an NFSv2 mount
    is used.

    I shot some mail off to Kirk with a proposed fix for that.

    With both NFSv2 and NFSv3 I get user-process bus errors with the
    truncate()/mmap() combinations being used.  I'm tracking that down
    now.

                                                -Matt