On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 11:11:12PM +0000, Wayne Pascoe wrote:
> Chad David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > > The issue that I am having is detecting valid filesystems to do
> > > further checks on. I am only interested in checking local filesystems
> > > such as UFS.
> >
> > Check for the MNT_LOCAL flag in f_flags.
> >
> -- code example snipped --
>
> Thanks for that. I've tried it and the problem with it is that it
> reports things like procfs and devfs as being local. The only things
> that don't appear local are things like nfs mounts.
>
> I guess I need a way to check only filesystems mounted off of
> disks. Is there any way of doing this ?

They are local :).  Local means that the fs originates on the local
machine.

I think you should be able to call getvfsbyname() and check the flags in
the resulting vfsconf struct for VFCF_SYNTHETIC, but I'm not sure how
reliable that is.  I'm pretty sure devfs is ok, but procfs might not be?

Good luck.

--
Chad David        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ACNS Inc.         Calgary, Alberta Canada