On Tuesday 08 January 2002 10:00 am, Julian Stacey wrote:
> Hi all,
> Any reccomendations what to install (or avoid) on my firewall,
> from 4.4 /usr/ports/ftp/ to be a proxy ftpd server ?
>
> My Background:
> - I'm not looking for high performance,
>      (it's not a big company, just my home site with some internal hosts).
> - I will have the usual security concerns with the imminent arrival
>       of a flat rate permanent DSL connection :-)
> - /usr/libexec/ftpd does not (at least did not) support proxy requests.
> - I have apache installed on my firewall & am using FTP_PROXY=http://gate
>   but often remote ports distfile ftpd hosts refuse to serve me,
>   perhaps because my apache is asking remote server on port 80, not ftp
> port.

Give /usr/ports/www/squid a try, it can proxy HTTP and FTP.

http://www.squid-cache.org/

Hope this helps, but if I where doing it I would use NAT and block any
incoming from the outside.  That way you can use other net apps too.

-Casey Z
--
This E-mail message was created with Open Source Software.
Using: